SENIOR A.A.U. MEET MARCH 18

JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP WILL TAKE PLACE IN BUFFALO, N. Y., ON FEBRUARY 21.

According to a recent announcement of the A. A. U. championship committee, the national senior indoor track and field championship for 1920 will be held in the 22nd Regiment Army in New York City on March 13. The Junior titular event will take place in Buffalo on February 21.

The events to be held at both meets are the same and are as follows. 60 yards dash, 300 yards run, 600 yards run, 1000 yards run, two-miles run, one-mile walk, running high jump, standing high jump, standing broad jump, 16-pound shot-put, 70-yards hurdle of 6 flights, 3 feet, 6 inches high.

This list is almost exactly the same as the list of championship events of previous years, the only change being in the walk, the distance of which has been reduced from two miles to one. By this means the short distance walkers will be given an opportunity to compete for championship honors.

B. A. A. Winner Last Winter.

The honors last year fell to B. A. A. Princeton University, and the Pastime Athletic Club; the former being the victor in the senior meet for the championship while the two latter were tied for the junior championships. Two clubs who were not represented in these championships last year, but who this year are developing strong teams, are the New York Athletic Club and the Chicago A.A. Both of these clubs express confidence of winning. To oppose them, however, are the B. A. A. and the Meadowbrook Club of Philadelphia which have both developed stronger teams than last year. It is, therefore, expected that the struggle for the senior point championship will centre about these four clubs.

Entry blanks for both championship meets will be sent out in a few days and will be distributed among the district associations of the A. A. U.

The championship meets become especially important this year because of the fact that the Olympics come during the coming summer. These are the only meets where the college and club stars will compete together before the Olympic try-outs next summer and their ability will be in a large measure judged and compared from the results of these championships. The members of the American Olympic Committee will accordingly be able to form a good opinion of who the best men in competition are and will be able to judge the strength of the team which will represent this country in the Olympic games next August.