SIX-MAN HOCKEY A POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENT THINKS B.A.A.

NINE ELIS RETURN

That the new Ice Pavilion may cause some changes in the traditional mode of hockey play here is indicated by the enthusiasm with which the B. A. A. at a recent meeting received the plan for six instead of seven-man hockey. For a surface as large as the Arena, the sevenman combination was the ideal arrangement, but in view of the size of the Pavilion, several hockey experts have appeared in favor of the new plan.

Although this reduction in the number of players would largely do away with the system of team play that has been fostered by Alfred Winsor '02, it would add much to the chances for individual brilliancy. In Canada the six-man game has been adopted by almost all of the leading teams, and this will undoubtedly have its influence on the proposed change here.

Yale Proposes Trip Over Border.

Yale, at least, will be well practiced in the six-man style of play if the team makes its proposed trip to Canada during the Christmas vacation. At the plans now stand at Yale, the hockey team will make the longest trip yet undertaken by an American college seven to play games in Montreal and Toronto with McGill and Toronto universities.

Although the sanction of the Yale athletic council has not been given, the trip is known to be favored by many members of the faculty. The decision to make the trip was caused by the absence at New Haven of a rink where skating is possible the entire winter. No call has yet been issued at New Haven for the hockey squad, but captain Ingalls will call the squad together within the next few days. Nine of last year's squad have returned to Yale this season.