FOOTBALL SQUAD IN FAVOR OF COAST TRIP

TENTATIVE LIST MADE UP

At the meeting of the football squad held in the Varsity Club yesterday at 5.30, the general sentiment of the team was again sounded and a vote taken, which showed the unanimous wish of the men to make the trip to Pasadena. Coach Fisher then explained that the work in the next two weeks would be in the main devoted to getting the men into Yale-game condition, and the remainder of the short time left before Christmas used in polishing-up the plays already learned this fall.

As prepared at the meeting, the list of men who, it is expected, will be on the squad for the trip, contains the names of 24 players, 13 linesmen and 11 backs. They are: J. K. Desmond Occ., M. Phinney Occ., J. F. Ryan Occ., and P. D. Steele '20, ends; H. H. Faxon '21, W. D. Hubbard '22, R. K. Kane '22, and R. M. Sedgwick '21, tackles; J. F. Brown '22, C. A. Clark, Jr., Occ., and T. S. Woods '20, guards; C. F. Havemeyer '21, and P. J. Philbin '20, centres; W. B. Felton Occ., F. Johnson '20, and W. J. Murray Occ., quarterbacks; S. Burnham Occ., E. L. Casey Occ., F. C. Church '20, M. Gratwick '22, A. Horween '20, R. Horween Occ., R. S. Humphrey '21, and N. V. Nelson Occ., backs.

Four Coaches to Accompany Squad.

In addition, four coaches will make the trip as part of the squad. In this capacity R. T. Fisher '11, E. W. Mahan '16, and probably D. C. Parmenter '13, and R. B. Wigglesworth '12, will go. Managers, trainers and others will bring the squad up to about 32.

Practice starts on Monday at the Stadium Field. For the first two day "Pooch" Donovan and Captain W. J. Murray will have charge of the squad, sending the men through a conditioning drill each day. On Wednesday a squad of coaches, headed by Coach Fisher, will take charge and schedule a plan of work which will take place mostly out of doors.

It is not yet absolutely certain that the trip will be carried through, due to the possibility that the Railroad Administration may request the cancellation of the trip on account of the fuel shortage. President Lowell, however, has wired to the Administration requesting the decision on the trip, and up to a late hour last night no reply had been received.