45 OUT FOR HOCKEY PRACTICE

SEVEN SCRUS TEAMS FORMED FOR INITIAL DAY OF REGULAR DRILL ON ICE.

A squad of 45 men reported on Saturday for the second hockey practice of the year. These men were divided roughly into seven teams, each of which had about 20 minutes of hard work on the ice. After the scrimmages Coach Claflin drilled the men in starting and in general skating to get them back into hockey form after the long summer rest.

The number of men who have reported so far is encouraging, since the regular work will not start until this afternoon, when the entire squad assembles on the Soldiers Field rinks if the ice still holds good. The management expects that there will be nearly 80 candidates out this afternoon, and there will be a little difficulty in accommodating them all on the two rinks that are now in shape.

Yesterday's rain may break up the rinks temporarily and force a cessation of practice until the cold weather returns. Once the rinks are solidly frozen, however, practice will be carried on without interruption until the completion of the new Ice Pavilion, when the squad will, of course, hold its practice there.

Freshman Meeting Tomorrow.

Tomorrow night the Freshman hockey enthusiasts will hold their first meeting of the year in the Union at 7.30 o'clock. Captain N. S. Walker '20 will address the yearlings and give them an outline of the plans for the season. A large 1923 squad is expected, and there is believed to be a wealth of good material.

In Boston the building of the Pavilion has had much effect on hockey prospects, and although no definite plans have been given out yet, the Harvard Club and the B. A. A. will both undoubtedly be represented by teams. Although the B. A. A. has the pick of players in this section, the Harvard Club has a number of veterans it can rely on for its seven.