FIELDING CANDIDATES CALLED OUT TOMORROW

ABUNDANCE OF MATERIAL

Fielding candidates for the University and Freshman baseball teams report to Coach Duffy for the first time this year at the Cage tomorrow afternoon. University men report at 2.15 and Freshmen at 4 o'clock. Practice will begin at once Throwing and batting practice will come first. When the squads have progressed sufficiently games will be played in the Cage between the University and Freshman teams. It is hoped to get out doors before the spring recess.

Coach Duffy considers that the battery candidates have been coming along in good shape. He feels that so much progress has been made by these men that a firm foundation has been laid for a correspondingly rapid and thorough development of the other positions both infield and outfield.

Many Veterans Will Report.

He has an abundance of good material for these positions to work with. The following men who have had experience are now back in College: W. W. McLeod '19, R. E. Gross '19, and L. B. Evans '20, all captains consecutively of last year's Informals; H. P. King '21, captain of last year's Freshman team; L. Jones '19, W. B. Frothingham '21, R. Emmons '19, T. J. Meehan '21, W. J. Murray '19, R. P. Hallowell '20, G. S. Baldwin '21 and R. S. Shaw '21, infield candidates with previous experience. For outfield positions E. L. Casey '19, captain of his Freshman team; J. T. Baldwin '21, T. H. Enright '18; E. L. Bigelow '21; M. P. Davis '21; and R. S. Humphrey '21. Several other former players are expected back at the beginning of next term.