RESULTS DEMANDED

Once more the athletic representatives of Princeton, Yale, and Harvard have met to decide the policy of the three institutions and once more they have given out the report that "no definite decision was reached on any point." The University has become quite accustomed to this lack of action on the part of this estimable committee but at the present moment when the need of action on the athletic question is vital, it is beginning to wonder where the value and usefulness of this body lies.

After five weeks of talk covering every phase of athletics, the University had the right to expect that some results would be forthcoming from Tuesday's meeting in New York. Dr. Sargent, Major Moore, Percy Haughton, all have advanced their opinions. The CRIMSON, in conjunction with the daily papers of Yale and Princeton, has announced a program moderate enough to please the most conservative. Undoubtedly in a matter of such importance as this no hasty decision must be entertained; on the other hand the undergraduates deserve to be given some information as to the progress that is being made.

Next Monday the crew and baseball seasons open. Hockey has but two more weeks to run. The great opportunity to formulate a plan on which all sports could base their revival is almost lost. We are in danger of lapsing into a rut worse than that of the informal system of last year.

It is of course, most desirable that the three universities unite on a single policy. If, however, the present committee is unable to come to an agreement, some action should be taken to formulate a plan for Harvard alone. The University is tired of delays; it demands results.