The Harvard Union

Communication

The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON.

A list of first class attractions for the Union should be announced at the earliest possible date. This list might include some such features as the following:

1. Grand opening day festivity in honor of returned soldiers. Afternoon tea dance, open to ladies, supper at cafe. Selections by Pierian Sodality and Glee Club. All men to be in uniform. Address on "Harvard's Part in the War," by President Lowell. Membership campaign to begin on the spot.

2. Similar mass meetings at stated intervals to discuss international questions. The finest speakers in America can be procured.

3. Boxing and wrestling tournament in spring.

4. Musical Clubs grand concert and dance.

5. Special rooms aside for law trials and Business School seminars.

6. Library efficiently maintained.

7. Bowling alleys and pool room for members.

8. All class events, such as Junior and Senior Dances, and athletic gatherings to be held in Union.

9. Registration bureau to be maintained in connection with Alumni Bureau, exchange bureau with Harvard Clubs of the world, and with sister universities.

10. Cafe administrated on the successful plan of the old Harvard Union Cafe.

A student committee of seven men has seen appointed by the Student Council to undertake the solution of this task, Leading men stand squarely behind the effort, the College is willing to do more than its share. It is now up to the undergraduate body. The CRIMSON and the members of the Student Council Committee need and expect liberal discussion at once. Let every man think this thing out answer as soon s possible. MAYO ADAMS SHATTUCK 1L.