CRIMSON COMPETITIONS START

NEWS AND BUSINESS CANDIDATES BEGIN WORK TONIGHT AT 8.30.

Sophomores and Freshmen who wish to compete in either the news or business spring competitions of the CRIMSON will meet in the CRIMSON Building this evening at 8.30 o'clock. At this time members of the Board will explain the nature of the work and give the general instructions for the competition, which will start immediately thereafter.

These competitions are unusually short this year, lasting only nine weeks instead of from twelve to fourteen weeks. They will end the last week in May or the first week in June.

Competitors from the Sophomore and Freshman classes will work separately. In this way the latter will not have to compete directly with the upperclassmen, who have a wider acquaintance with the University. All news candidates will be expected to cover assignments and write up news in a form suitable for publication. This is the last news competition open to members of the class of 1921.

Members of 1921 or 1922 who are trying for positions on the business staff will be expected to do a certain amount of office work in addition to soliciting advertisements and subscriptions. Those who are elected will compete for the position of business manager in their Junior year. This also will be the last chance for Sophomores to become business editors.