R. S. V. P.

Communications

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The recent agitation in favor of more mass athletics for the undergraduates may have stimulated some of the professors and instructors to take a greater interest in the athletic endeavor of the students and to wish to see for themselves how the present systems of sport are being conducted.

I should like, therefore, to offer to the members of the Faculty and the entire teaching staff the opportunity of seeing some of the undergraduates participating in athletic sports. All instructors and professors of the University are cordially invited to visit the Newell Boat-house and look over the men now rowing on the University and Freshman crew squads. In the hope that a number of instructors will respond to this invitation it is suggested that, in general, Wednesday afternoon would be the most convenient time for the observation of rowing and between the hours of three-thirty and five-thirty all those who desire to watch the crews will be welcome. I can assure those who come that the management, Coach "Bill" Haines, and myself will do all in our power to make their call pleasant and profitable. FREDERIC B. WHITMAN '19,   Acting Captain University Crew.