LONG SEASON FOR TENNIS TEAM

MANY VETERANS OF CLASS TEAMS ELIGIBLE FOR UNIVERSITY NET SQUAD.

The tennis management has announced a long schedule for the spring season, and although the weather has delayed the opening of spring practice indefinitely, the prospects for a successful season are good. Practice will be held this year on the seven courts at Divinity Field and trials for the team will be started as soon as possible.

Although A. E. Kirk '20 is the only former University team player to return, the prospects for a successful season are very bright. G. W. Helm '20 and F. W. Hatch '19, both former members of their class teams, are back in College, and there will also be plenty of last year's Freshman material available. F. C. Hanighen '21, captain of this year's University team, was a member of his class team last season, while L. de Lurenne '21, captain of the 1921 team, W. R. Knox '21 and J. B. Fenno '21, are promising candidates for positions on the University team.

Stiff opposition is expected from Yale this season since Garland and Hawkes, star members of last year's Eli team, are again among the leading candidates. Both of these men have been rated among the best players in the country.

Nine Matches Already Scheduled.

The University tennis schedule has been completed with the exception of a match for May 24. At present the team is scheduled for only two trips of importance, one to Springfield on May 3, and one for the final match with Yale in New Haven.

The schedule is as follows:

April 26.--M. I. T., at Cambridge.

April 29.--Tufts, at Cambridge.

May 3.--Springfield Tennis Club at Springfield.

May 6.--Columbia, at Cambridge.

May 9.--Amherst, at Cambridge.

May 10.--Dartmouth, at Cambridge.

May 17.--Longwood Cricket Club, at Cambridge.

May 19.--Princeton, at Cambridge.

May 31.--Yale, at New Haven.