CHUTE 1922 TRACK CAPTAIN

University Team Leaves for Penn. Relay Today and Tomorrow.

At a meeting of the Freshman track squad in the Locker Building yesterday afternoon, Richard Chute '22, of Boston, was elected captain of the 1922 track team. Chute prepared at Country Day and Andover. He won his A last year in track at the latter school. This year he captained his relay team which was barely beaten by Yale in the B. A. A. meet held in Boston on the first of March.

Eleven men of the University squad will make the trip to Philadelphia to take part in the Pennsylvania Relay Carnival, Friday and Saturday. Captain A. Stevens '19 leaves today at noon with E. O. Gourdin '21, in order to participate in the 56-pound weight and the hop-skip and jump, respectively. These events are to be run off tomorrow. The other nine men, C. A. Clark '19, A. W. Douglass '21, D. J. Duggan '21, H. C. Flower '19, W. H. Goodwin '21, R. W. Harwood '20 C. G. Krogness '21, W. Moore Occ., and D. F. O'Connell '21, leave at 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon.

About 50 relay teams will take part in the Pennsylvania Relays as well as over 200 athletes who are entered in the individual events. Yale is strengthened by the return of Reed, who has covered the mile in 4 minutes and 22 seconds.