SLUMP IN VICTORY LOAN DRIVE

EIGHTH DAY'S CANVASSING NETTED ONLY $2,150; TOO FEW SUBSCRIBERS.

Only $2,150 was subscribed by the College yesterday in the eighth day of the Victory Liberty Loan Campaign. To obtain the quota of $30,000 per week, the average subscription must be $5,000 per day. Last week, there was a deficiency of $5,000 in the week's total, an amount which must be made up in the eleven remaining days of the campaign.

Notes have been purchased by only 176 undergraduates, of whom 22 are Seniors, 40 are Juniors, 66 are Sophomores, and 48 are Freshmen. These results are most unsatisfactory, inasmuch as there should be at least 1,200 individual subscribers from the college alone. The Loan Committee is more interested in securing a great number of purchasers than in selling a large amount of bonds.

The poor results thus far seem to be largely due to the indifference of the canvassers. Only seven or eight men out of sixty are reporting regularly at head-quarters. Any member of the Canvassing Committee who feels unable to continue his work on the Loan, should notify his team captain immediately.

(Special Dispatch to the CRIMSON).

Princeton, N. J., April 28.--Today's loan total was $1,300, making grand total $10,400.