DEBATERS SELECTED TO REPRESENT UNIVERSITY

TUTUN: WAS PRIZE SPEAKER

At the close of the debating trials last evening the University team was selected, consisting of H. Berlack '20, R. P. Berle '19, M. J. Donner '21, W. S. Holbrook, Jr., '21, W. A. Hosmer OcC., E. D. Hutchinson '22, B. F. Jones '22, J. J. Tutun '20, and S. Washburn '20. The team consists of six regular speakers and three alternates but the line-ups of the two teams which are to meet Yale and Princeton will not be announced until a few days before the final debate on May 2.

Jacob Joseph Tutun '20, who prepared at Chelsea High School when he was a member of the school debating team for four years, and who was a member of last year's University team, was awarded the Coolidge Debating Prize. This award is made annually to the best speaker in the preliminaries for the University team and was established in 1899 by T. Jefferson Coolidge '50.

University Has Choice of Question.

The judges in the final trials were Coach Epstein, A. P. Stone '91 and W. D. Foster '06. The question debated in the trials was: "Resolved, that the United States should have a Federal Monopoly of shipping (coastwise and foreign) under the American flag." This subject will not be used in the final debate, but the question will be chosen by the University and worded by the Yale debaters.