NINE MEETS BOWDOIN IN INITIAL CONTEST

BOTH TEAMS UNTRIED

This afternoon the 1919 baseball season will open when the University team will meet Bowdoin at Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock. There will be no reserved seats, and admission will be by tickets which may be purchased at the field for 50 cents.

As this is the initial contest of the season for both teams, it is impossible to predict the result of the game. The University team has been greatly handicapped by rainy weather, but has made very rapid progress in six days of out door practice.

Changes in Lineup for Game.

Several changes have been made in the University line-up for today's game. Owing to an injury received at practice yesterday, H. P. King '21 will be out of the game for at least a week, and W. B. Frothingham '21 has been chosen to take his place at first base. K. W. Perkins '19, whose batting has been a feature of the recent practice games, will replace T. J. Meehan '21 at third base.

All men are urged by the H. A. A. to buy their season tickets before today's game. In former years, Athletic Association tickets have been on sale admitting the bearer to all home games in any major sport. This spring, special season tickets for baseball only are being sold for $3.30, which admit to all games played in Cambridge except those with Princeton and Yale