PETERS CHAIRMAN OF DEBATE

YALE AND PRINCETON ANNOUNCE TEAMS: TRIANGULAR CONTEST TOMORROW NIGHT.

Members of the Yale and Princeton debating teams who will meet the University at Cambridge and Princeton Friday night, in the triangular contests, have been announced. The Yale team which meets the University negative at Cambridge consists of W. D. Whitney, W. Millis, and L. S. Hitchcock. Princeton will be represented by L. M. Steven, W. H. Hendrickson Jr., and R. C. Sailer. Each speaker will talk for twelve minutes in constructive argument and five in rebuttal. The chairman will be Mayor Andrew J. Peters '95, of Boston. The Judges have not yet been announced.

Stiff opposition is expected by the University debating authorities from both the other universities, especially in the Princeton contest, in which the University is represented by only one man who has spoken before in an intercollegiate debate, while all three of the opposing debaters have been in at least two other such contests. Not much is known of the Yale team which meets the University at Cambridge except that the third speaker, L. S. Hitchcock, was a member last year's championship team. Up to date, the University has a score of 33 debating victories to 23 for Princeton, and 20 for Yale.

At the close of the two weeks' competition for assistant and second assistant debating managers, B. Ulin '20 was appointed assistant manager and R. J. Mack '22, second assistant. Ulin will accompany the team to Princeton, while Mack is to be in charge of the debate in Sanders Theatre.