UNIVERSITY NINE TO FACE MAINE AT FOUR

FROTHINGHAM AT 1ST

The University baseball team will meet the University of Maine nine at Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock in the sixth contest of the season. There will be no important shifts in the line-up, which will start the game practically the same as against Colby and Vermont.

E. H. Hardell '21 will be in the box for the University with A. Blair '21 behind the bat. Hardell has not been in the game since the Springfield contest, when he pitched for seven innings.

H. P. King '21, who played first base at the opening of the season, but who has been laid up for some time because of a sprained ankle, reported for practice yesterday, but will not start the game today. His place will be taken by W. B. Frothingham '21. The latter has done so well at first base during King's absence that he will not be replaced for the present.

Maine Lost to Dartmouth.

The Maine team has suffered one defeat this season, but has shown considerable strength. On Thursday, they lost to Dartmouth in a close contest by a score of 3-2. The game was featured by the clever pitching and close Fielding of the Maine team. The University has been beaten in three of its five games, but showed a decided improvement in the field in the errorless contest on Monday.