FUTURE CO-OPERATION.

Today for the first time in the history of the University the Student Council is to sit in joint session with the Board of Overseers to discuss "The Relation of the College and the Student." We hope that the conference may show an advantage to be derived from closer relationship between the college authorities and the undergraduates; and if such a benefit is revealed now is the opportune time to establish some permanent means of co-operation in the future. A provision might be made to insure the continuation of similar conferences. A committee from the Student Council might meet annually with the Board of Overseers to represent the undergraduate opinion, when that opinion could be of value; or the scheme might be carried even further so that a representative group of undergraduates might meet on certain occasions with the Faculty.

If the Board of Overseers were to make an announcement some weeks before the conference of the specific matters for discussion, a more satisfactory result might be reached. A meeting of the Council could be called, the question brought up and talked over, so that a more intelligent and unified opinion could be presented by the students than when they arrive to consider a question with the Overseers which they had not previously considered among themselves.