THE UNDERGRADUATE OF TOMORROW

In another month the preparatory schools will be taking their college entrance examinations. Three months afterward, there will be a new generation of scholars entering the universities. What will the next Harvard Freshman Class be like? Will it consist chiefly of a few school boys from Boston and neighborhood, or will it be the pick of the best schools throughout the country? The answer depends entirely upon our graduates and undergraduates.

The Territorial Clubs and Preparatory School Clubs in the University are falling into disuse. They might well serve as agents between present and future undergraduates in pointing out to the latter some of the advantages of going to Harvard. There is at present a natural re-action due to the war which makes us treat most things as inconsequential. The sooner we can take an active, unselfish interest in ordinary worth while matters, the better. A few words to a friend, uncertain about choosing college might be of real help to him and the University.