NINE SPEAKERS CONTEST FOR LEE WADE II PRIZES TONIGHT

Phillips's Eulogy to Daniel O'Connell Selection for Delivery.

The fourth annual public speaking contest for the Lee Wade II prizes will take place in Sanders Theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. Nine speakers will compete, in the following order: H. Berlack '20, L. E. Spivak '21, L. J. Saxe '21, A. A. Rouner '20, M. H. Dill '20, H. McFadden '21, F. C. Packard, Jr. '19, E. R. Schwults '19, F. S. Stranahan '21. There will be three prizes, of which the first is $25, the second $15, and the third $10. Dean Roscoe Pound of the Law School, Judge Robert Walcott '95, and the Reverend Paul Revere Frothingham will act as judges. Each speaker will deliver a portion of Wendell Phillips's eulogy of Daniel O'Connell.

An unusually fine musical program has been arranged for the occasion. Mr. Ralph Osborne, baritone, accompanied by Mrs. Dudley Fitts, will render two groups of songs, in English and in French. One of these, "Le Credo Patriotique" by Henri Lavedon of the Academic Francaise, has been pronounced the greatest song composition relating to the war. The University Glee Club will also render a group of songs while the judges are deliberating on the best speakers. The Lee Wade II trials are open to the general public as well as to all members of the University.