1922 NINE LOST TO PRINCETON

Meehan Allowed 8 Hits; Single in 12th Gave Home Team 5-4 Victory.

In a nip and tuck contest from start to finish the winning streak of the 1922 nine was finally broken by the tiger freshmen in the twelfth inning of the game at Princeton Saturday. Failure to bunch hits when they were needed was the reason for the 5-4 score against the Crimson yearlings.

Eight errors by Princeton and three by the Freshmen marred the game, but served at the same time to keep the scoring very close. Meehan allowed the Orange and Black eight hits. The Crimson batsmen were unable to touch Lyons the Princeton pitcher, till the twelfth inning when they obtained four scattered hits, but failed to score.

It the first half of the ninth inning Harvard tied the score and the game continued for three innings till McNamara, the Princeton captain scored McPhee on a long single to centre field.

The game was rather loosely played but exciting to the last. Spectacular relding prevented an earlier Princeton victory in the tenth inning when McNamara hit a two-bagger but was left on second while Garrity and Irons filed out.