Champions in Intercollegiates

Seven champions who won eight events in the Intercollegiates last year have entered the I. C. A. A. A. A. meet Friday and Saturday in the Stadium.

The winning runners are: Frank J. Shea, University of Pittsburgh, quarter-miler; Charles Thaw, Columbia, half-miler; W. G. Kleinspelm, Lafayette, miler; I. C. Dresser, Cornell, two-miller; Carl Erdman, Princeton, who won both the low and middle hurdle events; M. Firor, Johns Hopkins, high jumper; and R. K. Felter, Cornell, broad-jump champion.

All the runners who placed in the 440-yards run and the 880-yard run a year ago will be on the mark again this year.

Besides the first place men, 31 more who won second, third, fourth and fifth prizes, will appear in the big games on Saturday.

Entered in the 440-yards run with Captain Shea of Pittsburgh, are: Captain J. M. Murray of Dartmouth, M. Gustafson of Penn., H. Staub of Columbia, W. J. Carto of Dartmouth, all of whom placed in this events last year, and 103 other quarter-milers including E. O. Gourd in '21.

The five men who scored points in the 880-yards run last year who are going to compete this week in the Stadium are C. Shaw, Columbia; K. A. Mayer, Cornell; G. W. Albright, Pittsburgh; S. Bawden, M. I. T.; and F. L. Abrew, Cornell, who finished in that order.

On Friday afternoon, the trials in the dashes, hurdles, 440-yards run, 880-yards run, shot-put, hammer-throw, pole-vault, running high and running broad jump will be held. The semi-finals in the sprints and hurdles as well as the finals in the 13 events will take place Saturday afternoon.