THE PHILLIPS BROOKS HOUSE ENTERTAINMENT

Tonight's gathering in Phillips Brooks House marks the close of the work of the Association during the past college year. But in a larger sense it means more. The men who have been contributing their time and service to the many and varied subsidiary organizations are to meet for a good time in the House of the parent association. It is an opportunity for those who have been devoting their interest in a special field to meet on a common ground many other undergraduates and alumni who are actively working along different lines but with the same ideal of service.

In the past and particularly during the war, Phillips Brooks House has fulfilled one of the primary purposes for which it was founded--hospitality. Its doors are always open to members of the University and their guests; and hundreds of men in the military and naval service of their country can testify to the welcome accorded them in the past two cars. It has been true in the past that many of those men active in the affairs of the Association have seen little or nothing of the House itself. Tonight the serious aspects of work are to be left behind. The object of the meeting is to create a warmer sympathy between the members and a greater sense of personal allegiance to Phillips Brooks House self.