YALE NINE WON 4, LOST 5

Has Been Handicapped by Changes in Team and Wet Weather

The Yale-baseball team which the University nine will face tomorrow has not lived up to early season expectations. Although a nucleus of veterans from last spring's championship team returned to college this year, the nine has won four, lost five, and been forced to cancel nine games.

One of the greatest difficulties which the team has had to face was the rainy weather. In addition to the nine contests which were cancelled, two were played in the rain. Because of these circumstances, the team has not had the experience of playing a large number of games, and has not been able to develop properly.

As there were many men of almost equal ability on the squad, it has been no easy matter for Coach Lauder to choose his final team. Many combinations have been tried, and as a result the team has not had the advantage of having the same men playing constantly together.

The Eli team started out well, winning its first three games, and putting up a splendid exhibition against the New York Giants, although the game was lost 4-3. This was followed by defeats at the hands of Brown and Fordham.

The first game of the championship series with Princeton showed both teams in excellent form, and on runs were scored by either side, until the Tigers pushed across the winning tally in the eleventh inning. On Saturday, the Elis tied the series by scoring a 5-3 victory at Princeton. In that game all but one of the Blue runs could be traced to errors in the Tiger infield.