MOORE AND HARWOOD SAIL FOR FRANCE TOMORROW

GAMES START JUNE 24

In addition to W. Moore, Ooc., captain of the University track team, whose selection as a competitor in the inter-allied athletic meet has already been announced in the CRIMSON, the University will be represented by R. W. Harwood '20, who was also chosen to take part in the games. These men have been granted permission to take examinations at a later date and are leaving college for New York today, from where they will sail for France tomorrow with the other members of the United States team.

The officials of the Amateur Athletic Union selected over fifty other athletes, who were in the Army during the war, from the colleges and athletic clubs of the country to represent the United States in the contests between the teams of the various allied nations, which will take place at Joinville, near Paris, from June 24 to July 6. A great many prominent athletes who are worthy of entering the meet, could not be chosen because of the rule which prevents members of any form of service other than the army proper from entering.

The meet will include all track and field events, boxing, wrestling and tennis. Other men, besides the University captain, to be entered on the sprints are Butler of Duburque, Carroll of Illinois, Haymond of Pennsylvania, Loomis of Chicago, Haddock of Kansas, and Smith many prominent athletes who are are entered with Harwood as opponents of the athletes from other countries in the pole-vault are Graham, Sanders, and Newstetter of Pennsylvania.