NINE IN SECOND GAME AGAINST HOLY CROSS

FACE STRONG PLAYERS

This noon the University baseball squad will leave for Worcester where they will play the Holy Cross nine at three o'clock in the second game together of the two teams this spring. In the first contest on May 7, the Worcester nine won 8-6, due to batting rallies in the third and sixth inning. With W. P. Felton '19 or E. S. Hardell '21 in the box today, the University nine should be able to curb the Holy Cross attack, and prevent the recurrence of the defeat of a month ago.

With the exception of the choice of pitchers, Coaches Duffy and Reid will leave the line-up the same as at the start of the Brown game. A. Blair '21, who was been playing a steady game behind the bat in the recent contests will remain as backstop.

Holy Cross Team Strong.

The Holy Cross nine is one of the strongest college baseball aggregations in the country. On Tuesday, the Worcester team added one more success to its list of victories by defeating Yale 10-2. Earlier in the season it had won from Brown, Trinity, Pensylvania, Princeton, and the University.

Many star players are included in the make-up of the Holy Cross nine. The outfield is especially strong, with Captain Bowen, who is the strongest hitter in the nine as well as being a versatile fielder, and Daly and Statz, veterrans of former seasons. Daly held the same position in left field last year, while Statz, formerly a short-stop, is filling the position left vacant in right field. When Captain O'Neill graduated last June.

The infield, is likewise strong, with Maloney, a heavy hitter, on first, Maguire, the former Boston Latin star on second; Gagnon, who is a fast fielder, at short, and Santoro, a clever base runner, playing third. Behind the bat, Martin, a veteran of two years' experience, has been reliable all season. Gill will probably be in the box again today.