30 CROSS-COUNTRY MEN REPORT

JACQUES AND KING, FORMER CAPTAINS, TO ACT AS COACHES FOR SQUAD.

Thirty candidates for the University cross-country team reported to Coach Farrell yesterday afternoon in the Locker Building. Besides the coach, H. J. Jacques '10 and George King '19, former captains of cross-country teams; spoke to the squad regarding the plans for the coming season. It is hoped that more candidates will report today.

The squad will be divided up into small groups under the direction of veteran runners who have returned to College. D. F. O'Connell '21, Burnham Lewis '20, T. G. Ames '20, and J. E. Nally '21 will each have charge of one of the teams thus formed.

Monday the University squad will be put on training table. As the season advances other prospective runners will eat at the Varsity Club.

Manager J. S. Keane '21 will round up all the runners who have done good work on their Freshman teams. The first meet will be held at Syracuse, October 25, in connection with the annual Syracuse-Washington and Jefferson football game. The other meets on the tentative schedule are with Cornell on November 1, and Yale on November 8 at New Haven. The intercollegiate cross-country meet is to be held at New York on November 22. November 15 is an open date.

The competition for Freshman track manager begins this afternoon at 1 o'clock. At this time all candidates are to report at the H. A. A. The competition this year is to be unusually short, the period of competing being only eight weeks in length.