YALE'S CURRICULUM CHANGED

Sheffield and Academic Departments in Closer Co-operation.

A record-breaking enrolment is taking place in most of the colleges throughout the country, and to meet the new conditions caused by the great inrush of students, several of them are announcing changes in their curricula. The most important undergraduate change this year in Yale's reconstruction plans is the abolition of the select course of the Sheffield Scientific School and its transfer to the academic department, whose fine arts course it had duplicated.

Enrolment at Sheffield Reduced.

The Sheffield Scientific School will give a four years' purely scientific course in the future. Because of the changes, it is thought that the entering class in the Sheffield Scientific School will only be about 250 in number. In offering fine arts courses, its students will go to the academic department to take them, and, vice versa, the scientific courses in the academic department will be given by the Sheffield Scientific School.

Heavy Registration at Brown.

Brown is also experiencing a heavy registration The college authorities reported last Wednesday that more than 400 applications had been received from sub freshmen, and since then additional applications have been coming in at the rate of about ten a day.

Some new arrangements in class schedules will probably have to be made in order to secure sufficient classrooms for the large attendance. No dormitory rooms of any kind have been available for several weeks now, and the registrar's office is devoting a great part of the time to remedying this situation.