FALL BASEBALL CANDIDATES NUMBERED FORTY-EIGHT MEN

ONE "H" MAN BACK

Forty-eight upperclassmen reported to Coach Duffy yesterday afternoon for the first day of fall baseball practice. Of these men, six were members of last year's nine and one a former "H" man. Captain R. W. Emmons '20, E. L. Bigelow '21, R. B. Hallowell '20, E. S. Hardell '21, T. H. Gammack '20, and L. B. Evans '20, were the men who played on the University nine last season, while C. Harrison Occ, pitched successfully against Yale in 1916. As W. W. McLeod '19, J. L. Knowles '19, R. Bond '19, and H. P. King '21 are the only "H" men who are not back at College, it is expected that additional members of the 1919 team will report before the end of the week.

Former Freshman Material.

From last year's Freshman squad, L. A. Hallock, F. W. Crocker, S. R. Smith, W. H. Russell, W. B. Rice, and J. L. Fearing, reported. C. P. Fuller Occ, who caught on his Freshman team, was also on hand. Fuller played in the Army and Navy game held at New London before the King of England on July 4, 1918.

As no Freshmen reported, it was evident that they did not understand that they were expected to be on hand. Any men of the University who are interested in baseball, are urged to report to Coach Duffy this afternoon.

To arrange Schedule.

The management expects to arrange a schedule of informal games with any teams that are available. Practice will last as long as weather permits, but there will be no games or workouts on Saturday. Yesterday a short game was played between two scrub teams selected by Coach Duffy.