PRINCETON LAUNCHES DRIVE FOR $ 16,00,000 ENDOWMENT

Naffon With Conference Today and Tomorrow.

Princeton University's campaign for an endowment fund of fourteen million dollars will be officially launched at a general conference to be held at that university today and tomorrow. Alumni from every section of the country will attend this meeting, which will be one of the most representative gatherings of Princeton graduates ever held. Arrangements have been made to bring together graduates from all classes and from all territorial sections. Members of classes that graduated back in the early seventies will meet with Princeton men of the later-day classes, including many who had to relinquish their classroom work in 1917 to enter the nation's service.

An intensive programme has been arranged for the conference, including speeches by prominent graduates and professors, and tours of inspection of the laboratories and lecture rooms. On leaving the conference the delegation will be thoroughly schooled in the specific and immediate needs of Princeton.

Henry B. Thompson, president of the United States Finishing Company, has been selected chairman of the endowment committee, and will preside at the conference.

Campaign to Last Five Months.

The campaign to raise the fourteen million dollars as outlined by Chairman Thompson will extend over a period of five months. The country has been divided into fourteen territorial sections with a division chairman over each. These territorial divisions have been further sub-divided into local districts, with local chairmen and committees.