THE HIGH TABLE.

The new Faculty lunch room which has been established in the Trophy Room of the Union presents a striking resemblance to the High Table of English universities and some American schools. For the past few years, the Colonial Club has been the only place where members of the Faculty could dine together or invite students to dine with them. Some few professors have entertained members of their classes in their homes, and some have had afternoons and evenings when they would welcome callers. But there has been a general lack of frequent intercourse between student and instructor, doubtless due in part to the indifference of some undergraduates, but also due to an unintentional lack of interest on the part of busy professors.

Now the Endowment Fund is coming in, it is hoped that, among other improvements, the Faculty will be able to devote more time toward maintaining cordial relations with the individual student. The Faculty Lunch Room may become a veritable High Table, with its several undergraduates invited to take lunch with their friends in the Faculty. And perhaps the homes of the professors will be more frequently visited by members of the student body.