"LADDER" TOURNAMENT STARTS

SQUASH MEN DIVIDED INTO THREE CLASSES TO FACILITATE CHALLENGING.

The Squash Club has initiated two continuous "ladder" or challenge tournaments, which will be started at Randolph Gymnasium immediately, one of squash and the other of squash racquets. All men who have entered previous tournaments have been ranked and divided provisionally into three classes.

Class A of the squash racquets tournament is composed of the first and second teams as follows: 1, M. Bradlee '22; 2, L. A. Eldridge '22; 3, H. C. Janin Sp.; 4, G. W. Helm '20; 5, C. H. Hyams, 3rd, '21; 6, D. Key '22; 7, A. Houghton '21; 8, W. P. Belknap '20. Several men who are now playing hockey were not ranked, although they would have stood well up in class A. The ranking is entirely tentative, having been decided mostly on a basis of the results shown in the tournament.

Class B in the squash racquets tournament comprises the following: R. E. Smith '22, J. Carey 2L., L. di Zerega '23, F. W. Crocker '22, J. B. Fenno '21, P. Hofer '21, W. Davis '21, P. C. Cabot '21, P. E. Jackson '21, H. H. Faxon '21, and M. P. Baker '22. Class C of the squash racquets and classes A, B and C of the squash tournament will be posted on the Ladder Tournament Board at Randolph Gymnasium. The tournaments will be continued until the last of March.

The methods of advancing in the tournaments are as follows: In class A, a man may challenge the player ranking one above him; in class B, the two highest may challenge the last man in class A, and anyone in this group may challenge the men ranking three above them; in class C any one may challenge anyone else in his class. A man challenged in Class A must play within three days, but he cannot be challenged within three days of a match against an outside team. In classes B and C a man must play within two days of being challenged.