Y. D. SEEKS CLUBHOUSE FUNDS

This Week Set Aside to Raise $150,000 for Alteration of Building.

During this week, from January 12 to 17, the Yankee Division is undertaking to put through a plan for the construction of a permanent Y. D. clubhouse to be situated at 42 St. Botolph street. Mrs. Wayland M. Minot, wife of Major Wayland M. Minot '11, of the 102nd Field Artillery, has been put in charge of securing subscriptions and contributions from Cambridge. She has secured the support and co-operation of the following executive committee:

John H. Corcoran, Chairman; C. B. McLaughlin '11, R. W. Robart, Mrs. Charles Almy, Mrs. Francis S. Kershaw, and Mrs. J. Bertram Williams.

Any members of the University, particularly any who were in the Y. D., who would devote time to securing subscriptions to the fund, can get in touch with Mrs. Minot by calling Cambridge 6371. The committee realizes that, owing to the short notice given, it will be impossible to reach many students who would gladly give if the object were properly brought to their attention, but all men who can give are urged by the committee to send their subscriptions by mail to Mrs. Minot as soon as possible at 18 Hawthorn street, Cambridge.

The drive for a clubhouse is being made in response to a demand on the part of many enlisted men for a place where they will be able to meet and talk with their old comrades of the trenches. Committees have been formed from the personnel of the 26th Division, both officers and men, to plan and carry through a Y. D. offensive."

The drive will cover the whole of New England, but, as Boston is the natural centre of the Divisional activities, as well as the home of the largest number of troops, that city and its immediate suburbs are counted upon to furnish most of the funds. Officers and men of the division are contributing $50,000 and are asking from New England $150,000 to complete the amount required to after the present building, and equip, furnish, and rearrange the interior to make it suitable for its purpose.

Even more important than a need of a meeting place for those of the 26th Division who have returned from France is the strong desire of all those in any way connected with the division that this clubhouse shall be a permanent memorial for the soldiers of the Yankee Division who gave their lives to their country.