Unusual Chamber Music Coming.

Communication

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility, however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the right to exclude any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

May I use your columns to call attention of the music lovers in the student body to the excellent opportunity which is put at their disposal through the generosity of Mrs. Frederic Shurtleff Coolidge of New York to hear standard works in the field of chamber music literature? Mrs. Coolidge is going to send on to Harvard the three organizations which she has founded and largely supports, so that the students and members of the University may have a free opportunity to hear some of the remarkable and beautiful literature in this branch of composition. The three organizations are the Berkshire Quartet, the Letz Quartet, and the Elshuco Trio.

The first concert will be given next Tuesday, the 20th, in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall at 8.15. The program is a very remarkable one, consisting chiefly of the famous Quartet in D major of Cesar Franck and the well-known Shumann Quartet in A major.

Seats will be reserved for students and members of the University until 8 o'clock; after that the concert will be open to the public.

It is hoped that the students will take advantage of this opportunity so that the kindness of Mrs. Coolidge may not seem to be received in any ungracious manner. W. R. SPAULDING.