Foxcroft Dining Hall Will be Replaced by Memorial Annex

Owing to the inadequateness of the present quarters, the dining facilities at present situated in Foxcroft Hall are to be moved into the Memorial Hall Annex. The new hall will be open for use on Thursday, according to an announcement made by the University Dining Halls Association management, as the work of refitting the Memorial Hall Annex is nearly completed. Foxcroft Hall will be closed today, tomorrow and Wednesday while its equipment is moved to the new quarters.

At present about 500 students eat at Foxcroft Hall, which is run on the cafeteria plan, but a great many more who wish to use it have been prevented from doing so because of its small size. The Annex will be able to accommodate a much larger number, and the authorities are sure that all who wish to take their meals there will be able to do so.

All present members of Foxcroft will be automatically transferred to membership in the new dining hall, while others may join by paying the membership fee of $3. Food is served a la carte at cost, thereby giving the lowest possible prices while permitting a great range of choice. Most of the food will be prepared in the Memorial Hall kitchens, although a small kitchen has been fitted up to cook special orders.

Present members of Foxcroft may take their meals at Memorial Hall from today until Thursday, since both Foxcroft and the new hall will be closed. No membership fee will be charged those who avail themselves of this opportunity and meals may be either charged or paid for.