1923 HOCKEY TEAM MEETS M. I. T.

Yearlings Are Still Undefeated.--Game on Charlesbank Rink at 3

This afternoon at 3 o'clock the Freshman hockey team will oppose the Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1923 team on the Charlesbank rink. The yearlings have had a successful season thus far, not having lost a game. G. Owen has been the outstanding star, playing at cover point, although A. H. Ladd and J. G. Flint have both played excellent games at right wing and goal respectively. The probable line-up today will be: Ladd, r.w.; Larocque, r.f.; Thayer, l.c.; Guild, l.w.; Owen, c.p.; Bancroft, p.; Flint, g.

A short respite was given the Freshmen yesterday and no hard scrimmage was held. The practice for the main part of the afternoon consisted of passing and shooting with especial emphasis on the work of the forwards.

Talk by Coach Lombard

Preceding the ice work, Coach L. M. Lombard '17 gave the Freshmen a short talk on the principles and details of the game. After this the entire squad was given skating and stick practice. The defense was trained in breaking up the forwards' rushes and all of the other players were given an opportunity to try team-play and perfect themselves in the details of the game.