"NATIONAL CITY" TRAINS INTERNATIONAL BANKERS

America's Largest Banking Institution Maintains Foreign Service Scholarship.

From college training to actual training for international banking: This is the opportunity offered by America's largest banking institution, the National City Bank of New York, to Harvard University men, who qualify for its Foreign Service Scholarship. Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores will be selected soon from colleges throughout the country to enter the Bank's Training Class for Foreign Service. While in training the men will receive salaries sufficient to meet their expenses.

Undergraduates will spend their summers in New York City, learning the "ropes" of the banking business. They will follow the laboratory methods of doing real bank work in Wall Street. Training of the scholarship students is under supervision of the Bank's Educational Department. After graduation students will finish training and be assigned to one of the more than 50 foreign branches of the Bank. These are located in South and Central America and Europe. Some students may be assigned to branches of the International Banking Corporation, located chiefly in the Orient.

Harvard Men Now at Posts Abroad.

The Bank announces that its resources now exceed one billion dollars. This is a new record for any bank in the Western Hemisphere. New branches are constantly being started, enabling students to advance in new fields when assigned.

G. A. Macomber, Jr., '20, is a holder of one of the bank's scholarships now and will continue his training in New York next summer. Alumni of the University who are former members of the class, with their present posts abroad, are: C. P. Swinnerton '20, Helsings, Finland; F. Dewart '18, Vladivostok.