REGULAR BASEBALL PRACTICE BEGINS IN CAGE NEXT TERM

BATTERIES CALLED FEB.16

Indoor practice for the University baseball squad will begin early next semester, according to present plans. It is the hope of the management that everyone who has had any experience whatever on the diamond will report this season. Former members of the squad have received regular notification from Captain R. W. Emmons 3rd, '20 and Head Coach "Jack" Slattery, but it is hoped that any men who failed to receive the letter, but who expect to report for practice will heed the advice it contains.

The communication sent out is as follows:

"Baseball work in the cage for battery candidates will commence about February 16th, and the fielders will be called out about March 16th. During these winter months we hope you are keeping in good physical condition with an eye to the season which is not far off. We are not asking you to keep training yet, but merely to keep your body and muscles in good shape by taking some regular form of daily exercise, such as hockey, running, squash, boxing, etc. There will only be about four weeks' work in the cage for the main squad before the first game, and we want everyone to be in good condition when the time comes.

"We have prospects for an excellent team and do not intend to overlook anything in the effort to beat Yale this spring. Indications point to a very strong team at New Haven, and to win we shall have to go out hard after everything from the very start.

"Last but not least, keep up in your studies, so as to be well clear of the danger of probation. R. W. EMMONS, Captain.   "JACK SLATTERY, Coach."