UNIVERSITY SIX MEETS GREEN RINK MEN TODAY

CRIMSON LINE-UP UNCHANGED

With two straight victories to their credit the University hockey team will meet the sextet from Dartmouth College this evening at the Pavilion. The game will be called promptly at 8.15. If past performances are any means of comparison the contest tonight is due to be a struggle which will rival the last Yale game in speed and closeness. Neither team is undefeated, and both have shown brilliant play in their early matches.

Dartmouth is represented by a sextet which has won two out of the three games played so far. In their opening game against the Dartmouth Club team the players from Hanover showed a brand of speedy team play which always threatened, and, in the end, all but triumphed over the more skillful individual work of their alumni. In their second contest the Green met Tufts on an outdoor rink at Dartmouth and were victorious by a handy margin. Last night, however, their play showed the effects of the change to indoor ice, and lagged to such an extent that the team was able to defeat Tufts by a score of 2-0.

Harvard will present her usual line-up this evening, in all probability, save for the fact that R. W. Emmons, 3rd, '20, whose knee was wrenched in practice a few days ago, may be replaced at the outset of the game by T. M. Avery '21, who has shown considerable improvement in form and staying capacity during the past week. In practice yesterday the first-string men were put through a careful drill in shooting, dodging and passing, while the secondary defense gave particular attention to covering up in scrimmages near the goal. All of the work was carried out in good order and the players appeared to be in excellent shape for today's match.

With last evening's game as a conditioning match and a good rest today the Dartmouth team should be back in its old form tonight, and that means that the University sextet will be driven to the limit of their ability. Paisley, captain of the visitors, who will face E. L. Bigelow '21, is the individual star of the Green line. He scored first goal against Tufts last night and assisted in the second. In the outer defense, moreover, the Hanover team has a bulwark in Fisk, a former Newton High School player, who, with goal-tend Gale, has borne the brunt of attack all season and shone brilliantly against the Dartmouth Club.

Tonight's game will afford a good comparison of the strength of the Crimson sextet and the team from Tufts who met Dartmouth last evening. The University players will meet Tufts on the ice next Wednesday