YEARLING SKATERS CRUSH ANDOVER 5-1 IN BLIZZARD

Heavy Snowstorm Impedes Saturday's Game--Clash with Arlington High Today.

In the blinding snow storm on Saturday afternoon the Freshman hockey team added one more victory to its credit by defeating Andover 5 to 1 on the Charlesbank rinks. The snow, which covered the ice in spite of efforts to keep it clear, slowed up the play very much, so that no spectacular work was possible. G. C. Guild and A. H. Ladd, the two Crimson wings, worked well together, while D. F. Thayer and J. Larocque exhibited considerable shooting ability, each caging the puck once. Neidlinger and Cole starred for the visitors in the offensive game, while Pfaffman at cover-point was the Academy's defense man. Three 12-minute periods were decided upon instead of the usual two 20-minute halves, so that the ice could be cleared more often.

The first score came five minutes after the opening of the game. After a scrimmage which drew goal-tender Bishop from in front of the goal, Guild snapped the puck into the unprotected net. Two minutes later Thayer tallied again after a beautiful pass from Ladd to Captain Owen. In the second period the 1923 substitute forward-line was sent in for the regular forwards, and the period closed without either side having scored.

Keyes Scores for Andover

Soon after the last third began Keyes, the Andover centre, drove home a shot from directly in front of the net after a sharp scrimmage. Guild tallied for the second time by a long drive from the side of the rink. Bancroft added to the score by caging the disk on a long bounding shot from the centre of the ice. Fish made the final goal for the yearlings when the period was practically over.

This afternoon, if weather conditions permit, the 1923 players will oppose Arlington High on the Charlesbank rinks at 3.45 o'clock. The line-up will probably be the same as for the Andover game.

The summary of the Andover game is as follows: HARVARD 1923.  ANDOVER. Ladd, Fish, r.w.  l.w., Farnsworth Larocque, Thayer, r.c.  l.c., Clough, Keyes Thayer, Pratt, l.c.  r.c., Neidlinger Guild, Butman, l.w.  r.w., Cole Owen, c.p.  s.p., Pfaffman Bancroft, p.  p., Davis Flint, g.  g., Bishop

Score--Harvard 1923, 5; Andover, 1. Goals--Guild 2, Thayer, Bancroft, Fish, Keyes. Referee--Wintersteen.