ASK CHANGE IN HENLEY DATE

ENGLISH EVENT WILL INTERFERE WITH YALE REGATTA; PENN. WANTS RACE IN MAY.

Rowing authorities at the University have written to the officials in charge of the English Henley regatta asking if it is possible to postpone the date set for the British race. The Harvard-Yale race is scheduled to be rowed at New London on June 25, and the royal regatta is set for June 30, which would prevent the American crews from competing. As the University won the grand challenge cup in 1914, it is hoped that the race in England will be put off till July 6, so that the Crimson oarsmen will be able to defend their title.

In addition to the University, Yale is interested in the regatta, and is planning to send a crew if the race is postponed. The Union Boat Club, runner up to the University second crew in 1914, is also hoping to send a strong aggregation to England. As the Olympic regatta is scheduled for August, it is likely that the Henley race will be in the nature of a tryout for the Americans.

The rowing authorities here have also received a request from the University of Pennsulvania for a race on the Charles River in May. As the Crimson eights have races scheduled with Princeton and Cornell for the same month, it does not seem probable that the offer will be accepted. The Red and Blue would be willing to cancel her tentative date with the Navy in order to arrange the race here.