WATER AND ICE MGRS. CLASH

Cabin Boys and puck-Checkers See it Through This Afternoon.

Hockey as she can be played will be exhibited at 5.40 o'clock this afternoon when the long smoldering clerical controversy between the managers of crew and hockey is fought to a finish on the Pavilion ice. Unfortunately for the masses who will doubtless crow to the portals, it is understood that the greater part of the back row seats have been bought up the shell game operators. All those who intend to cheer for the Ice Sweepers' Union will be admitted free.

At a late hour last night the honors stood about even, each outfit having induced one "ringer" and one "leaner" to join the ranks. Stars will abound on all sides, and it is rumored that the river men will uncover their latest plans for breaking the ice. Despite the bravado of the Cabin Boys from the Charles, the odds have been set at 23 to 13, in favor of the custodians of the puck bag. Past performances give them the edge, for although they lack team-work and have no great individual brilliance, they have undoubtedly made it hot for the University sextet in each session thus far, and it has taken the utmost skill on the part of the latter to squeeze in, every afternoon, and finally outstrip them.

The Forecast

HOCKEY Bush and Cabot, r.w.; Woods and Reed, s.s.; Lincoln and Butterfield, f.o.b.; Wrenn and Kennedy, q.b.; Session, Lanman and Hofer, n.g.; Hooker and Chambers, s.o.l.

CREW-Welton, f.b.; Long, r.f.d.; Godman, a; Hopkins, l.t.; Houghton, a.w.o.l.; Watson, r.t.p.