1923 MEETS EXETER ON RINK

UNDEFEATED FRESHMEN TO START WITH LINE-UP UNCHANGED--CLOSE GAME EXPECTED

At 2.30 o'clock today the yearling hockey team will face Exeter on the Charlesbank rink. The Freshmen will be the prep. team's most formidable opponent thus far, and as Exeter has a fast team, a close game is anticipated. The 1923 aggregation has not yet been defeated and has rolled up 24 points against six for their opponents.

Of the three games which the Academy has played it has won two and lost one. Wakefield and Brookline High were its victims, being defeated 7-0 and 8-0, while Browne and Nichols won from the New Hampshire seven. O'Hearn has shown the best brand of hockey of any of the Exeter players, and in two games tallied seven goals. Bennett and Woodbury are two other fast forwards, while Captain Cantillon at goal is the Red and Gray's strongest defensive player. Every man on the Exeter team has won his letter.

The yearlings will meet Exeter today with an unchanged line-up. A. H. Ladd and D. F. Thayer are two very promising forwards who in the Arlington game divided the scoring honors, Thayer scoring three and Ladd two of the five goals. Captain George Owen at cover-point is strong in both offensive and defensive play.

As far as past scores can show, the Freshmen, having beaten Browne and Nichols in scrimmage, have a slight advantage over the New Hampshire team. HARVARD 1923.  EXETER. Ladd, r.w.  l.w., Lamont Larocque r.c.  l.c., Woodbury Thayer, l.c.  r.c., O'Hearn Guild, l.w.  r.w., Burnett Owen, c.p.  c.p., Martin Bancroft, p.  p., Danker Flint, g.  g., Cantillon