THE GLEE CLUB

When the Glee Club broke away from the Musical Clubs and launched its new policy of presenting "highbrow" music last fall, their project was greeted with many misgivings. It was a new departure in College music, and it was felt that such a policy would be unpopular among the undergraduates and would fail to obtain the support of the general public.

The announcement this morning that Fritz Kreisler is to play with the Glee Club in Symphony Hall February 27 comes as a gratifying vindication of the Glee Club's progressive policy. Kreisler's art and musical achievement are unquestioned among music lovers every where, and especially in Boston, where he is a great favorite. That he is identifying himself with the Harvard Glee Club cannot but give the organization a high reputation in the musical circles of the country.

Moreover, the support which the Glee Club has already received this year and their extensive plans for a trip in the spring are proof that undergraduates are both willing to participate in and listen to good music. Never before has the Glee Club had so many members. They have shown courage in breaking away from old traditions, and, in offering better music, have set the pace for other colleges of the country.