WINTER TRACK SEASON TO COMMENCE THIS AFTERNOON

Meeting Called Wednesday in Union for purpose of Laying Plans for Track Revival.

Track practice for both University and 1923 runners makes a double start this week. This afternoon 2.30 all men who are joining the University or Freshman track squads will report to Coach Eddie Farrell at the Locker Building. Practice for the runners on the board track erected on Soldiers Field and for the field event men in the Cage commences immediately. The work will be carried along by a mass meeting in the Union on Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. At this meeting every man interested in track, whether in running, field events or indoor events, must be present. Plans for the season and the rapidly approaching indoor meets will be discussed, and particular stress laid on the complete revival of track from the slump into which it has fallen in recent years.

Prominent speakers to Boom Revival.

Among the speakers for the meeting are W. F. garcelon '95, a former Graduate Treasurer of the H. A. A.; H. R. Hardwick '15, famous football player and track man; B. L. Young '07, winner of the quarter-mile in the dual meet with Yale in 1907, and now a member of with Graduate Athletic Committee; W. Men. Rand '09, captain of the 1909 team, the last team representing the University to win an intercollegiate track meet; Herbert Jacques '11, manager of the team in 1911; Coach "Pooch" Donovan, and his assistant, Eddie Farrell.

The schedules for both teams are unusually good this year, though they have not yet been approved by the Athletic Committee.