BUSINESS MEN MAY ATTEND NEW SERIES OF LECTURES

Professors Sprague and Roorbach and Dr. Tucker Appointed to Conduct Leatherbee Course.

Professors O. M. W. Sprague '94 and G. B. Roorbach, and Dr. Rufus S. Tucker '11 have been appointed George H. Leatherbee lecturers at the Graduate School of Business Administration at the University, and will give courses upon business topics during the second half-year. These courses will be open to business men as well as to students in the school.

Professor Roorbach, who occupies the chair of Foreign Trade at the Business School, will give a course on "Latin-American Trade" on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4 to 5.30, beginning on January 26 and lasting throughout the second half-year. Professor Sprague, who holds the position of Edmund C. Converse Professor of Banking and Finance, will give a course on "Foreign Trade and Foreign Investments" on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 5.30, beginning on January 27, while Dr. Tucker, with the assistance of other instructors, will give a course on "The Liberal Income tax" on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 5.30, beginning on January 27.

These courses are being given in accordance with the will of George H. Leatherbee '82, who died in 1911 and left a bequest to Harvard upon the condition that when the income became sufficiently large, it should be applied to "supplying lectures and instruction upon the subjects of commercial business and finance," these lectures to be open to the public, as well as students at the University."

Dean Wallace B. Donham, commenting yesterday upon the courses at the office of the Business School at University Hall, said that these courses will be open to business men and others who signify their readiness to do the work required by the several instructors.