"TOO MANY HUSBANDS"

"Too Many Husbands" is the title of the amusing farce which is due at the Wilbur Theatre, Boston, for a brief visit, beginning Monday night, January 5th. "Too Many Husbands" was written by the celebrated dramatist, W. Somerset Maugham, and at the present time is running in both New York and London. A. H. Woods produced the play in America, and all the well-known artists who have made it a success on Broadway will be seen and heard when the piece is given its Boston hearing. Among the principals may be mentioned Kenneth Douglass, Estelle Winwood, Lawrence Grossmith and Fritz Williams. "Too Many Husbands" has been hailed as the most brilliant bit of playwriting since Oscar Wilde's comedies. It treats humorously of the predicament of a young widow who marries a second time, only to learn, a year subsequently, that her first husband was not shot in the war as had been announced. His home-coming starts a series of situations said to be highly amusing. To begin with, husband number one does not know that his wife has married the second time, and to his best friend. He shows such delight in getting back to his home that his best friend, who is now husband number two, has no heart immediately to acquaint him with the true state of affairs. The suspicions of husband number one that everything is not quite right are aroused when he learns that his wife, from whom he has been parted for four years, is the mother of a fine baby but a few months old. Explanations must be made, and it then develops that husband number one is perfectly contented to permit his wife to remain the wife of husband number two. But husband number two has been married to her long enough, also, which helps to complicate matters still further. "Too Many Husbands" will be the only farce in Boston,--Adv.