ELIOT WADSWORTH '98 ELECTED TO HEAD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

His Election Assures Strong Backing of Graduates to Endowment Fund Campaign

Eliot Wadsworth '98 of Boston, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Harvard Endowment Fund Campaign, has been elected President of the Harvard Alumni Association for the coming year, succeeding James Byrne '77 of New York City.

Albert T. Perkins '87 of St. Louis and G. Cook Kimball '00 of Pittsburgh have been chosen Vice-Presidents. Edward A. Whitney '17 of Cambridge is to be General Secretary, while William T. Rold Jr. '01 of Brookline is named as Treasurer.

Intensive Drive for Goal

The election of Mr. Wadsworth, who is an Overseer of the University as well as having direct charge of the Harvard Endowment Fund Campaign, is of special interest in view of the fact that the campaign will be revived on Monday, November 8, and will continue intensively for four weeks in the hope of reaching the goal of $15,250,000. The amount already collected stands at $12,354,000, leaving nearly $3,000,000 to be secured during November. Mr. Wadsworth's election as the head of the organization of all Harvard graduates the world over is considered significant as indicating the backing which Harvard men are giving to the Endowment Fund Committee in their decision to reopen the campaign.