PRESCRIBES STIFF DOSE

HARDELL SKIMPY WITH HITS

Handicapped by the absence of Captain R. W. Emmons 3d, ocC. and E. C. Lincoln '22, the University scrub nine lost a short six-inning game to the United Drug team 2-0.

Two of the visitors' players were men formerly well known in University baseball. E. S. Hardell, a member of last year's team, pitched for the Drug Company team and held the University team to three safeties. J. Knowles, who was one of the stars of the 1917 and 1919 teams, played left field.

Fourth Inning Fatal

In the first of the fourth inning, Kelley of the visitor singled. Buchanan drove a long double out into right field, advancing Kelley to third. Kenefich, the next batter, was thrown out at first. Ward, on an infield out, scored Kelley and advanced Buchanan to third. Hardell reached first base on an error by Shaw, Buchanan scoring on the miscue. For a while it looker as if J. C. Watson Jr. "23 would let in another run as he walked the next two men. However, Knowles flied out to J. S. Clark '23 and ended the first half of the inning.

In the last of the fifth, the University team made a determined effort to score, and although they had the bases full, they failed to cross the plate. Watson, the first man up, struck out. Clark singles, but taking a chance on a high throw, stole second, and on the next ball pitched reached thrid. D. F. Thayer '23 singled and stole second unhindered. Crocker was passed, but soon after was caught at first, making the second out. A Blair '21, the next batter flied out.

Play of Team Improves

Considering the absences of the regulars, the team on the whole played a much better brand of ball than it did in previous games this fall. Scores mean nothing to Coach Slattery, who is using the games as means to season the best of last year's substitutes and Freshman players. Harvard.   a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e. Clark, l.f.  2  0  1  2  0  1 Thayer, c.f.  2  0  0  1  0  0 Crocker, r.f.  2  0  0  1  0  0 Blair, c.  3  0  0  7  0  0 Shaw, s.s.  2  0  1  1  0  2 Martin, 1b.  3  0  0  3  0  0 Chase, 2b.  2  0  1  0  2  0 Butman, 3b.  2  0  0  3  0  0 Watson, p.  2  0  0  0  1  0   -  -  -  -  -  - Total,  20  0  3  18  3  3 THE UNITED DRUG COMPANY.   a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e. Boyee, s.s.  3  0  0  0  1  0 Arthur, 1b.  2  0  0  10  0  0 Knowles, l.f.  3  0  0  1  0  0 Hogan, r.f.  3  0  1  1  0  0 Kelley, c.f.  3  1  1  0  0  0 Buchanan, e.  1  1  1  6  0  2 Kenefich, 2b.  3  0  0  0  3  0 Ward, 3b.  2  0  0  0  1  0 Hardell, p.  3  0  0  0  2  0   -  -  -  -  -  - Total,  23  2  3  18  7  2