INAUGURATE FINAL DRIVE FOR $15,250,000 ENDOWMENT

Classes of 1850 and 1856 Rank First With 133 Percent of Members Subscribed

Extensive plans for the completion of the University Endowment Fund, which on September 20th stood at $12,354,000, and for the enrollment of the remainder of the alumni, are set forth by the executive committee of the fund. Every effort will be made to secure the $15,250,000, which it is stated is imperatively needed by the University. The sum is largely needed for the 50 percent salary increase already in effect.

The new plans contemplate, first, a material increase in the number of subscribers enrolled, and second, the placing before all University men and friends of the University anew, the serious financial conditions confronting the administration. Committees, with headquarters in Boston, will be chosen from each college class. It will be the aim of each to obtain subscriptions from every man in their respective classes. Equal emphasis will be laid upon the value of small subscriptions with a high enrollment and the necessity of larger subscriptions. Former division chairmen will cooperate closely with these committees.

The classes will be ranked both on the basis of percent of subscribers and on the total amount subscribed.

The classes of 1850 and 1856 are tied for first honors with 133 percent of their membership listed as subscribers. The '98 men have donated the largest actual amount, their contribution amounting to over $477,000.