MR. GEER AND THE FRESHMEN

This year, for the first time, the Freshman class will sign up for compulsory athletics without feeling that it is being made the subject of an experiment. As was true last year, there will probably be more or less grumbling by the majority of the class but unlike last year very little of this will be whole hearted. If any member of 1924 feels doubtful about the value of this system, he needs only to ask a Sophomore about it to be reasured.

A few words to the wise, however, or those who are starting to become so. The only real way to get the most good from this compulsory system is not to be bothered by it. It is well to go out for some sport, intending to make good at it--and let the manager candidates appease Mr. Geer. It will not then be apparent that any compulsion exists. Those who take the sport seriously will in all probability continue with it after this year.

To those misguided souls who will have to be compelled to join a gym class, one can only wish good luck. Probably most of them will be out for some sport after a few weeks of "ready, HEXercise". At all events, it is a safe wager that at the end of the year the present Freshman class will be as much in favor of the compulsory system as 1923 is now.